tAukerman

here I am

vibration

July11

I stayed home and am working from the dining room table today.  David is playing DDR and the floor, the chair I’m sitting in, the table, my computer – all are vibrating in rhythm with the songs David’s jumping around to.  =)

In other news, we’ve joined Angie’s List and are busy getting electricians to come give us estimates.  We’ve got a long list of things we’d like to have done, but it turns out that electricians are pretty dang expensive.  We’ve narrowed the list down to three must-haves, but are still going to get estimates on the rest.

The neat thing about Angie’s List (angieslist.com, if you don’t know about it) is that we can not only review what folks think about various contractors and the work they do (members leave reports on all the work they get done and all the companies they’ve dealt with), but we also get discounts when they do come to do the work.  And, turns out, if we mention that we saw them on Angie’s List, they’re really responsive.  Quick to do estimates, quick to schedule work.  It’s as if they’re teachers who are being observed by their principals – they’re on their best behavior because they know they’re going to be reviewed and critiqued, and that the report will be available for all the city to see.

I feel…  powerful.  =)

posted under house stuff, indy, life
7 Comments to

“vibration”

1. Avatar July 16th, 2007 at 10:03 am Dusty Says:

I am here to tell you that you ARE powerful :)

I haven’t checked out Angie’s list before. I am familiar with the other list that uses a male name however. I know..I say I know about it..but can’t remember the guys name..dumb huh?

thanks for fixing my template. You rock! Sending good vibes your way today and always!

2. Avatar July 16th, 2007 at 10:29 am enigma4ever Says:

thank you so much for helping repair the SIRENS template with Dusty- and it truly is so beautiful….and the fact that you helped her on a weekend is just heartlifting…you are amazing..

( please feel free to come by Watergate Summer and have a visit….ans of course Sirens ;-)

3. Avatar July 16th, 2007 at 2:42 pm sumo Says:

Thank you so much for your help on the Sirens…I am co-administrator with Dusty and we were sweating bullets to not have that template again. We just couldn’t vision anything else. Sending immense appreciation your way for the kind help.

4. Avatar July 16th, 2007 at 3:34 pm Tara Says:

@Dusty: It’s Craig’s List. =) No problem about the template – just glad I could actually help!
    @Enigma: You’re welcome. =)
    @Sumo: You’re welcome, too. Glad I could help stop the sweating – it’s too hot to be sticky!

5. Avatar July 20th, 2007 at 10:16 am chalupa Says:

Have you guys tried out guitar hero yet?

6. Avatar July 20th, 2007 at 12:58 pm Tara Says:

David has – and loved it. My sister has it in PA, but we don’t. We’d hoped to spend some time with her this summer (and were going to have her bring it)…

7. Avatar July 24th, 2007 at 10:31 am Dave Says:

I wouldn’t say “loved it” … it was pretty cool, but I’m much more of a fan of DDR.

Email will not be published

Website example