tAukerman

here I am

NeatWorks and 64-bit Vista

May12

I just bought Neat’s NeatReceipt scanner. I travel for work and my husband will soon be a pastor who needs to keep every receipt. There’s no WAY we’re going to have boxes and drawers and files full of paper receipts – I’m all about the UNcluttering, not the stockpiling of worthless paper.

Anyway, this scanner is fantastic – it scans then reads receipts, business cards, and documents, then stores the data and allows you to export into various useful formats – while keeping the files readable instead of just images.

I got the software up and running on my XP machine pretty quickly (after a few restarts I didn’t expect). But when I tried to install it on my Vista machine, I had some drama.

The installation took several restarts and I had to download a couple of different versions. The only problem I was having, I had consistently. And it blocked me from using the program. Finally, I broke down and emailed customer service (forums and the interwebs weren’t much help).

So: If you’ve installed NeatWorks on a 64-bit Vista , and QuickScan won’t work for you – specifically if it crashes during Calibration, here’s something to try. My oh-so-quick fix: download and installĀ http://files2.neatreceipts.com/tools/CalibrateTool.exe.

No promises, but it worked for me – like a charm. =)

posted under howto, tech
13 Comments to

“NeatWorks and 64-bit Vista”

1. Avatar December 8th, 2010 at 3:52 pm Alicia Says:

Thank you so much! This worked like a charm for me. All their tech support did was to confuse matters worse.

2. Avatar February 9th, 2011 at 9:30 pm Nathan Paul Womack Says:

Just got another Neat Receipts scanner for the home (I’ve been using one at work for several years). Loaded the software, everything looked like it was going to work fine… then got an error when calibrating… several frustrating hours later, went to Google… stumbled across your post, 3 minutes, DONE!!! It now works.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

3. Avatar February 9th, 2011 at 9:31 pm Nathan Paul Womack Says:

Oh, and it worked for Windows 7 64 bit

4. Avatar April 9th, 2011 at 10:14 pm Mark Johnson Says:

The supplied fix worked for a while than I started seeing the QuickScan stopped working message again. Have you continued to have success with your neatscan and windows 7 64 bit?

5. Avatar April 20th, 2011 at 11:47 am Gen Says:

Thank You!!! I was tearing my hair out and was about to e-mail customer service. Your fix has worked well for me so far! :)

6. Avatar July 26th, 2011 at 10:45 am Jmtyra Says:

No luck on a W7 SP1 x64 machine. Ran as an admin, reboot, etc. Thanks for the post, though…definitely good info. :)

7. Avatar October 12th, 2011 at 12:02 pm Ryan Says:

I was having the problem with calibration locking up on my windows 7 professional 64 bit machine.

I ran your fix tool and it worked! THANKS BIG TIME!

This is a great fix. no thinking involved. Just run the .exe

NEVER DELETE THIS POST!

8. Avatar October 27th, 2011 at 3:08 pm Howard Says:

This is the only solution on the internet that works!

9. Avatar November 18th, 2011 at 6:23 pm Jared Says:

Bummer….Didn’t work for me. Win 7 Pro 64bit. Mine crashes when I try to calibrate. It starts to do the calibration, then Windows tells me that the program has crashed.

10. Avatar December 23rd, 2011 at 8:35 am Patrick Says:

Wow, like almost everybody else I had an hour of fooling with it. Googled and found this site. 60 seconds later I was good to go. I appreciate you posting this.

11. Avatar January 17th, 2012 at 5:13 pm Jewel Lusher Says:

I just bought a new computer with windows 7 professional and was hoping to buy the neet scanner to log our receipts for our ministry. I am extreemly dissapointed to hear from Jared that it does not work for the windows 77 pro:(

12. Avatar March 24th, 2012 at 6:02 pm Kyt Says:

Microsoft sometimes likes to make things difficult for non-MS programs. I’m on a Windows 7, 64-bit but do not need that scanner yet. I just use a regular scanner at my parents, but that is SLOW! lol
    I’m definitely bookmarking this page though, as I might have to break down and do things differently in the future.

FYI: Because the obvious we tend to forget to do, I recommend backing up business flash drives on 2 other places – External HD, and CD. I only say this because backing up is usually the last thing on our mind. That is what led me to this blog in the first place. I had forgotten to “backup” the information I needed in a place I won’t loose it, so had to reresearch the answers I needed. lol

13. Avatar September 14th, 2012 at 10:27 am tmm Says:

Looks like this link is no longer alive.

Does anyone know where to find this utility? Thnx.

Email will not be published

Website example